Proctors sentence example
- But it is more likely, as suggested by Richard Chandler (Life of Waynflete, 1811), that it was some Yorkist attack on him in progress in the papal court, to meet which he appointed next day 19 proctors to act for him.
- Advocates took the place of barristers, and proctors of solicitors.
- In the patronage of learning and in the exercise of authority over the morals and education of youth Laud was in his proper sphere, many valuable reforms at Oxford being due to his activity, including the codification of the statutes, the statute by which public examinations were rendered obligatory for university degrees, and the ordinance for the election of proctors, the revival of the college system, of moral and religious discipline and order, and of academic dress.
- Queen Mary being now on the throne, Story was one of her most active agents in prosecuting heretics, and was one of her proctors at the trial of Cranmer at Oxford in 1555.
- There were also attached to the college thirty-four proctors, whose duties were analogous to those of solicitors.Advertisement
- The persons appointed (in conjunction with the proctors, John Slade of Catharine Hall, and Benjamin Pulleyn of Trinity College, Newton's tutor) to examine the questionists were John Eachard of Catharine Hall and Thomas Gipps of Trinity College.
- Anyone intending to set up or take over a publication is strongly advised to consult the proctors at an early stage.
- Complainants must inform the proctors if a complaint has already been submitted for consideration under college procedures.
- The College may invite the proctors to enter its premises and authorize them to act in the discharge of their University duties.
- National or religious dress must be officially approved by the proctors.Advertisement
- Misbehavior in this area will result in strong measures being taken by the proctors and may also attract sanctions by the Thames Valley Police.
- Second, the faculty developed written procedures for test proctors at remote locations so that expectations for test delivery were very clear.
- The Proctors may not unreasonably withhold or withdraw registration.
- The Proctors were forced to give evidence at the ensuing trial of nine people for inciting riotous assembly.