Proctodaeum sentence example
- The third or outermost chamber, the proctodaeum, is closed externally by the sphincter ani; the orifice is quite circular.
- The penis, and its much reduced vestige of the female, is developed from the ventral wall of the proctodaeum.
- In some parasitic Hymenoptera there is only a single the proctodaeum respectively.
- extremity of the stomadaeum and of the proctodaeum.
- that portion of the gut which is formed by the hypoblast, whereas in Hexapod insects the similar caecal tubes are developed from the proctodaeum or in -pushed portion of the gut which is formed from epiblast.Advertisement
- They have appeared independently in connexion with a change in the excretion of nitrogenous waste in Arachnids, Crustacea, and the other classes of Arthropoda when aerial, as opposed to aquatic, respiration has been established - and they have been formed in some cases from the mesenteron, in other cases from the proctodaeum.
- After the formation of the gastrula by epibole the larva becomes enclosed by an ectodermic test covering the whole of the original surface of the body, including the shell-gland, and leaving only a small opening at the posterior end in which the stomodaeum and proctodaeum are formed.
- As in all Arthropoda, it is composed of three divisions, a fore-gut or stomodaeum, ectodermal in origin and lined by an inturning of the chitinous cuticle, a mid-gut formed by endoderm and without a cuticular lining, and a hind-gut or proctodaeum, which, like the fore-gut, is ectodermal and is lined by cuticle.
- The Malpighian tubes of Hexapods are outgrowths of the proctodaeum, but those of Scorpion and the Amphipod Crustacea are part of the metenteron or endodermal gut, though originating near its junction with the proctodaeum.
- Such renal caecal tubes seem to be readily evolved from either metenteron or proctodaeum when the conditions of the out-wash of nitrogenous waste-products are changed by the transference from aquatic to terrestrial life.Advertisement
- Renal caecal tubes (Malpighian tubes) open into the proctodaeum.
- Renal excretory caeca (Malpighian tubes) are developed from the proctodaeum (not from mesenteron as in scorpion and Amphipoda).
- stated that in the Muscidae, while the anterior endoderm-rudiment The embryo is invaginated into the yolk, but the surface edges of arises as Kowalevsky had observed, the posterior part of the " midthe blastoderm do not close over, so that a groove or pore puts gut " has its origin as a direct outgrowth from the proctodaeum.
- The first of these, according to the nomenclature of the mid-gut from the stomodaeum and proctodaeum may be of Heymons (see fig.