Prison camp sentence example
- Belle Isle (the site of a Confederate prison camp during the Civil War), about a m.
- The state supervisors must inspect each state prison camp and each county prison camp every thirty days.
- Under the supervision of a board of prison commissioners, which appoints the superintendent and warden of each, are a reformatory prison for women at Sherborn (1877), a state reformatory for men at Concord (1884), a state prison at Boston (Charlestown), and a prison camp and hospital at Rutland (1905).
- In September 1864 he became colonel of the 127th United States Colored Infantry; in 1864-1865 was in command of the prison camp at Elmira, New York, and in March 1865 was breveted brigadier-general of volunteers.
- He moved to England as a young man and was interred in a prison camp there during World War I.Advertisement