Páris sentence example
- If this is ever accomplished it will need the patient investigation of a number of empirical observations by competent students unbiassed by any parti pris - a difficult set of conditions to obtain; and even then no definite results may be achieved.
- "Marchioly" in the burial register of Saint Paul naturally suggests indeed at first that the "ancien prisonnier" taken by Saint-Mars to the Bastille in 1698 was Mattioli, Saint-Mars himself, sometimes 1 Barbezieux to Saint-Mars, May To, 1694: "J'ai recu la lettre que vous avez pris la peine de m'ecrire le 29 du mois passe; vous pouvez, suivant que vous le proposez, faire mettre dans la prison voiltee le valet du prisonnier qui est mort."
- No one reading Rabelais without parti pris, but with a good knowledge of the history and literature of his own times and the times which preceded him, can have much difficulty in appreciating his book.
- Rustic life is represented by a squirrel: I crake notis; I krak nots; I bite notes: by a hare, or a hare riding a dog: - Sohou, sohou; sohou, mutel; sohou, Robin; sohou, je le voi; sohou, je lai trouve; je vois a bois; by a hare in a tree: Sohou, scut, ware I cut: by a monkey riding a dog or goat: - Allone I ride, I hunt; allone I ride, have I no swayn: by a stag: - Alas, Bowles: by a dog: - hobbe, dogge, hobbe; garez ben le petit chen: by a hawk seizing a bird: - Alas, je su pris.
- Two pamphlets at least are ascribed to him: " Les Mannequins, conte ou histoire, comme l'on voudra " (against Turgot; anon., Paris, 1776) and " Description historique d'un monstre symbolique pris vivant sur les bords du lac Fagua, pres de Santa-Fe, par les soins de Francisco Xaveiro de Neunris " (against Calonne; Paris, 1784) (A.Advertisement
- Among the replicants are Pris, Rachel and Zhora.
- Pris was a sexual model designed for pleasuring others while Zhora was an assassin model.