Preferentially sentence example
- Schonbein (loc. cit.) assumed that the ordinary oxygen molecule is decomposed into two parts which carry electrical charges of opposite kinds, the one with the positive charge being called "antozone" and the other carrying the negative charge being called "ozone," one variety being preferentially used up by the oxidizing compound or element and the other for the secondary reaction.
- These may be called the spinal eyes, and it is said that they are disposed in such a way as to receive illumination preferentially from the right side, although this fact has no relation with the side upon which Amphioxus may lie upon the sand.
- From the air or gas mixture, adsorption media preferentially adsorb components with high boiling points.
- backbone amide hydrogens preferentially exchange for deuterium in D 2 O if solvent exposed.
- It has stronger anticonvulsant properties than most other barbiturates, and may be preferentially concentrated in metabolically active epileptic foci.Advertisement
- corrode preferentially to steel, providing sacrificial or cathodic protection to small areas of steel exposed through damage to the coating.
- Merely taking a median at each pixel will preferentially select values from certain frames.
- A nociceptor is a receptor which is preferentially sensitive to noxious stimulus or a noxious stimulus that would become noxious if prolonged.
- common ravens, Corvus corax, preferentially associate with gray wolves, Canis lupus, as a foraging strategy in winter.
- stimulusptive nerves, which preferentially detect injury-causing stimuli, have been identified in a variety of animals, including invertebrates.Advertisement
- Frankland showed that any particular element preferentially combined with a definite number (which might vary between certain limits) of other atoms; for example, some atoms always combined with one atom of oxygen, some with two, while with others two atoms entered into combination with one of oxygen.
- Dalton's idea that elements preferentially combined in equiatomic proportions had as an immediate inference that metallic oxides contained one atom of the metal to one atom of oxygen, and a simple expansion of this conception was that one atom of oxide combined with one atom of acid to form one atom of a neutral salt.
- Common ravens, Corvus corax, preferentially associate with gray wolves, Canis lupus, as a foraging strategy in winter.
- Nociceptive nerves, which preferentially detect injury-causing stimuli, have been identified in a variety of animals, including invertebrates.