Prefectural sentence example
- The provincial capital is Chang-sha Fu, in addition to which it has eight prefectural cities.
- Its principal city is Ngan-k i ing on the Yangtsze Kiang, besides which it numbers seven prefectural cities.
- Prefectural roads are maintained by a joint contribution from the government and from the particular prefecture, each paying one-half of the sum needed.
- It is divided into ten prefectures, with as many prefectural cities, of which Chi-nan Fu, the provincial capital, is the chief.
- It is a prefectural city, and has, since the conclusion of the foreign treaties, become the residence of the viceroy of the province during a great portion of the year.Advertisement
- Si-gan Fu, or Sian Fu, is the provincial capital; there are six other prefectural cities.
- Han-kow, Ich`ang and Shasi are the three open ports of the province, besides which it contains ten other prefectural cities.
- The provincial capital is Kwei-lin Fu, or City of the Forest of Cinnamon Trees, and there are besides ten prefectural cities.
- It contains eleven prefectural cities, and occupies an area of 5 8, 95 o sq.
- Its affairs are administered by a governor-general, who is also commander-in-chief of the forces, by a bureau of civil government, and by three prefectural governors, below whom are the heads of twenty territorial divisions called cho; its finances are not included in the general budget of the Japanese empire; it is garrisoned by a mixed brigade taken from the home divisions; and its currency is on a silver basis.Advertisement
- Adopting the profession of an advocate, he came to Constantinople and practised in the prefectural courts there, reaching such eminence as to attract the notice of the emperor Justinian, who appointed him in 528 one of the ten commissioners directed to prepare the first Codex of imperial constitutions.
- Besides run-nan Fu, the capital, the province contains thirteen prefectural cities, several of which - Teng-ch`uen Fu, Ta-li Fu, Yung-ch`ang Fu, Ch`u-siung Fu and Lin-gan Fu, for example - are situated in the valley plains.
- Roads leading from Tokyo to the prefectural offices, and those forming the lines of conoexion between cities and military stations.
- Prefectural roads, consisting of Class I.
- Questions affecting the interests of the whole Fu come before the Fu-kwai, or prefectural assembly, made up of representatives from both Ku and Gun, and a prefectural council, of which „the governor is president; while matters concerning the city alone are discussed by a Shi-kwai, or municipal assembly, and administered by a municipal council, of which the Shicho or mayor is president.Advertisement
- Kwei-yang Fu is the provincial capital, and besides this there are eleven prefectural cities in the province.