Precis sentence example
- The military and historical works comprise precis of the wars of Julius Caesar, Turenne and Frederick the Great.
- A specimen of another butterfly (Precis sesamus) which mimics the Acraea was then offered in the same manner.
- During the Reign of Terror he was imprisoned at St Lazare; there he began his Precis de l'histoire universelle, afterwards published in nine volumes.
- Thoulet, Instruments et operations d'oceanographie pratique (Paris, 1908); Precis d'analyse des fonds sous-marins actuels et anciens (Paris, 1907); T.
- C. Hazlitt, The Livery Companies of the City of London (1892), contains a precis of the Royal Commission; P. H.Advertisement
- The Annales des travaux publics (1843), the Bulletin de l'industrie (1842), the Journal des beaux-arts (1858), and the Catholic Precis historiques (1852), the Protestant Chretien belge (1850), are other examples.
- His Precis of the subject, published in the last-mentioned year, is a sound and careful book, far better than anything that had appeared before it, and written in a sober yet interesting style.
- In 1825 he graduated in medicine, and soon after he published with Ulisse Trelat a Precis elementaire d'hygiene.
- Aulard's Histoire politique de la Revolution Francaise (Paris, 1901) is a most valuable precis of political history, based on deep knowledge and lucidly set forth, although not free from bias.
- Hertzberg, in Ersch and Gruber's Allgemeine Encyklopcidie, and an anonymous monograph, Precis historique de la maison imperiale des Comnenes (Amsterdam, 1784); and, for the history of the period, the works referred to under Later Roman Empire.Advertisement
- The Cathars of the middle ages discarded water baptism altogether as being a Jewish rite, but retained the laying on of hands with the traditio precis as sufficient initiation.
- British War Office, Précis of information concerning Zululand (1894) and Precis.
- The Lord's Prayer was communicated with similar solemnity in the West (traditio precis).
- British War Office, PrÃ©cis of information concerning Zululand (1894) and Precis.