Precipitously sentence example
- On its northern side this mountain group rises ruggedly and precipitously from the Hirschberg valley; but on its southern side its slope towards Bohemia is very much more gradual.
- Separated from Lycabettus by a depression to the south-west, through which flows a brook, now a covered drain (probably to be identified with the Eridanus), stands the remarkable oblong rocky mass of the Acropolis (512 ft.), rising precipitously on all sides except the western; its summit was partially levelled in prehistoric times, and the flat area was subsequently enlarged by further cutting and by means of retaining walls.
- The northern face of the mountain, overlooking Table Bay, extends like a great wall some two miles in length, and rises precipitously to a height of over 3500 ft.
- Maybe we're acting precipitously; as foolish as a kindergartener doing tumble saults.
- The south slope rises precipitously from the foothills; the north slope is more gradual, but it is much broken by rugged spurs and deep gorges.Advertisement
- At the north end this hill rises on the east side precipitously to a height of nearly zoo ft.; on the west and south sides the slope is gradual.
- There the bottom slopes very abruptly, descending precipitously at a point not far from the north-east coast of the main island, where soundings have shown 4655 fathoms. This, the deepest sea-bed in the world, is called the Tuscarora Deep, after the name of the United States man-of-war which made the survey.
- The depressed areas contain the long, narrow, precipitously walled lakes of East Africa.
- Its general trend is east and west; towards the south it sinks precipitously, and on the north it descends with a somewhat moie gentle slope towards the longittidinal valleys of the Tormes and Alberche which separate it from another rugged mountain range, forming the southern boundary of the paramera of Avila.
- Cases dropped precipitously when parents and healthcare providers were clearly warned against using any aspirin-containing products in children.Advertisement
- As for Formosa, the peculiarity of its outline is that th eastern coast falls precipitously into deep water, while the wester ~lopes slowly to shelving bottoms and shoals.
- Many volcanic cones mark the surface, but by far the most prominent among them are Big Butte, which rises precipitously 2350 ft.
- High rocky bluffs that rise precipitously on the Mississippi, sometimes to a height of 150 ft.
- Its northern extremity, Ras Musandan, rises precipitously from the straits of Hormuz; farther south the range curves inland somewhat, leaving a narrow but fertile strip, known as the Batina coast, between it and the sea, and containing several populous towns and villages of which Sohar, Barka and Sib are the chief.