Precessional sentence example
- The precession of the equinoxes is due to the fact that the earth performs a motion of this kind about its centre, and the whole class of such motions has therefore been termed precessional.
- The earths precessional motion is of this latter type, the angles being ci = .0087, ~=23 28.
- The polhode and herpoihode cones are then right circular, and the motion is precessional according to the definition of 18.
- We can hence deduce the condition of steady precessional motion in a top. A solid of revolution is supposed to be free to turn about a fixed point 0 on its axis of symmetry, its masscentre G being in this axis at a distance h from 0.
- If we put Oso we get the condition of steady precessional motion in a form equivalent to (3).Advertisement
- The theory of disturbed precessional motion there outlined does not give a convenient view of the oscillations of the axis about the vertical position.
- This fundamental advance rendered inevitable the detection of precessional effects.
- They have an apparent precessional movement, the exact amount of which can be arrived at only by prolonged and toilsome enquiries.
- The astrological zodiac has its roots in the science of astronomy - a legacy from the twelve divisions of the precessional cycle.