Poussin sentence example
- He was remarkable as a painter of decorative landscapes and classic ruins, somewhat in the style of Canaletto, but without his delicacy of touch; he appears also to have been influenced by Nicolas Poussin.
- In the palace chapel are pictures by Rembrandt, Nicolas Poussin, Guido Reni and Annibale Caracci.
- They seem closer to Poussin, Caravaggio and the Italian baroque than any Dutch artist.
- We cooked so many fabulous dishes, from duck confit and chicken salad to poussin, which we stuffed and twisted into perfect pyramids.
- In the French drama an unimaginative imitation of ancient models had long prevailed; even in art Poussin and Le Sueur were successful by expressing a bias in the same direction; and in the first years of the revolutionary movement the fashion of imitating the ancients even in dress and manners went to the most extravagant length.Advertisement
- Specials change daily and may include roasted black cod, ricotta dumplings with wild mushrooms, and tandoori roasted poussin.