Poultices sentence example
- The bran is used for cattle-food and poultices, and the grain in the distillery.
- The still prevalent use of linseed in poultices for open wounds is entirely to be reprobated.
- Thence till three, we labored with mustard poultices, laudanum, soda and ginger - Heavens!
- My mother was nearly all night poulticing my father with these flaming linseed poultices.
- The circulation in the brain may be lessened by warmth to the feet, cold to the head, warm food in the stomach, warm poultices or compresses to the abdomen, antipyretics, which reduce the temperature and consequently slow the beats of the heart in fever, and cardiac or vascular tonics, which slow the heart and tend to restore tone to the blood-vessels, so that the circulation in the brain may be more efficiently regulated.Advertisement
- Aborigines press tea tree leaves onto wounds or used them as poultices on burns or cuts.
- The slippery elm inner bark is dried and ground to a powder that can then be used in tablets, herbal teas, or poultices.
- The powder may also be used for teas or as an ingredient in poultices.
- For poultices, mix three tablespoons with one cup boiling water until completely dissolved then using a clean cloth or gauze, soak the affected area in the diluted powder.
- A variety of topical herbal remedies applied as lotions, poultices, or compresses may also help relieve the effects of sunburn.Advertisement
- Many outdoors-lovers make jewelweed poultices by freezing the flowers in ice cubes and then applying them to the skin.
- This dilatation may be increased by local warmth, and poultices or fomentations are commonly applied to inflamed parts; recently suction apparatus has been used for the same purpose or ligature so as to cause venous stasis (Bier's treatment).