Potable sentence example
- More potable is Aso-take, some 20 m.
- Where there is any risk to food safety only potable water may be used.
- Apparatus for the economic production of a potable water from sea-water is of vital importance in the equipment of ships.
- - Alcohol intended for potable purposes has always been subject to a heavy duty in all countries.
- Greywater accounts for over 30 percent of your indoor water use and is a great way to reduce not only your potable water consumption, but also the water heading to the sewer system.Advertisement
- However, UV light is also used to great benefit as a treatment for psoriasis and vitiligo, and for sterilizing medical research facilities and disinfecting water to make it potable.
- The ocean is safe to swim in and tap water is potable.
- Necessary items include nutritious food that doesn't require cooking or refrigeration, potable water, extra sets of warm attire, and any needed prescription medication.
- There are a few fertile spots near the mountains, where mountain streams afford irrigation and potable water, and support small populations, but in general Tacna is occupied for mining purposes only.
- Where the strata are not uniformly porous, they may resist the passage of water from the direction of the sea or they may assist it; and round the whole coast of England, in the Magnesian limestone to the northeast, in the Chalk and Greensand to the east and south, and in the New Red Sandstone to the west, the number of wells which have been abandoned as sources of potable supply, owing to the percolation of sea water, is very great.Advertisement
- Purification When surface waters began to be used for potable purposes, some mode of arresting suspended matter, whether living or dead, became necessary.
- On account of the small amount of precipitation, the fissured condition of the underlying lava sheets, and the porous soil, the Great Sandy Desert has practically no surface streams even in the wet season, and within its limits no potable waters have been found.
- Village records show that typhoid is reduced by 90% once there is access to clean potable water.
- Definitely not purified back to potable water standards!
- It's important to stay hydrated throughout your trip, and you can't be certain that potable water will be available every where you go.Advertisement
- The first is termed foreshots, the second constitutes the potable spirit, and the third is called feints.
- For the successful preparation of potable water from sea-water, the following conditions are essential: - Ist, aeration of the distilled product so that it may be immediately available for drinking purposes; 2nd, economy of coal to obtain the maximum of water with the minimum expenditure of fuel; and 3rd, simplicity of working parts, to secure the apparatus from breaking down, and enable unskilled attendants to work it with safety.