Ponderosa sentence example
- On " Ponderosa " he mixes gamelan and Special Brew.
- In the Western Arid Transition zone the flora consists largely of the true sage brush (A rtemisia trident ata), but some tracts are covereci with forests of yellow or bull pine (Pinus ponderosa).
- Kehl Spring Campground is located in a picturesque stand of ponderosa pines right at the brink of one of Arizona's most amazing geologic features, the Mogollon Rim.
- The mountain valleys are covered with little except grasses; on the higher parts of the mountains there are barren rocks or only a scant growth of timber; but many of the lower mountain slopes, especially those along the western border, are clothed with heavy timber, ponderosa pine, lodgepole pine, Douglas-fir and western larch being the principal species.
- P. ponderosa, the yellow pine of the Pacific coast of America, belongs to this section; it is a fine timber tree deserving of notice from the extreme density of its wood, which barely floats in water; it abounds in some parts of the western range of the Rocky Mountains, and is the most widely distributed pine tree of the mountain forests of western North America.Advertisement
- Ponderosa offers guests an all-you-can-eat buffet with a choice of a variety of beef, chicken, pasta dishes, desserts and fruits.