Ponce de león sentence example
ponce de león
- In 1513 Juan Ponce de Leon (c. 1 4 60-1521), who had been with Christopher Columbus on his second voyage and had later been governor of Porto Rico, obtained a royal grant authorizing him to discover and settle " Bimini," - a fabulous island believed to contain a marvellous fountain or spring whose waters would restore to old men their youth or at least had wonderful curative powers.
- In 1512 (or 1513) Juan Ponce de Leon made the first recorded exploration of the coast of Florida and the Bahama Channel.
- Among the principal office buildings are the Empire, the Equitable, the Prudential, the Fourth National, the Austell, the Peters, the Century, the English-American and the Candler buildings; and there are many fine residences, particularly in Peachtree and Washington streets, Inman Park and Ponce de Leon Circle.
- One of the architectural hightlights is the Catedral de San Juan, a magnificent church which dates back to 1540 and it is the final resting place of the explorer, Ponce de Leon.
- Bahamas- Book a package to Nassau or Grand Bahama and enjoy crystal clear waters while relaxing on the islands Ponce de Leon discovered when searching for the mystical "Fountain of Youth."Advertisement
- Urban Body Studios is located at 730 Ponce de Leon Place, and the phone number is (404) 201-7994.
- Decatur Yoga and Pilates is located at 431 West Ponce de Leon Ave in Decatur, and the phone number is (404) 377-4899.