Pomps sentence example
- The pomps and ceremonies which were traditional in the East were to be continued.
- Abjuring pomps and vanities, its citizens observed the ascetic regime of the cloister; half the year was devoted to abstinence and few dared to eat meat on the fasts ordained by Savonarola.
- His sage counsels had melted away before the glance of beauty and the pomps of life.
- The English prayer-book excludes them, as it also excludes the renunciation of the devil and all his angels, his pomps and works.
- Pomps and gay religions flourished.Advertisement