Pomposity sentence example
- They criticized in no measured terms the current medicine of the time, and exposed the practical ignorance, the pomposity, and the greed of those who practised it.
- Basic networking concepts are covered, but the writing has an academic pomposity without the requisite rigor.
- What it doesn't manage is to create a credible future or avoid pomposity.
- The magazine is not an easy read and, at times, verges on a type of academic pomposity, which I find irritating.
- Where others have imploded in their own pomposity, Pirates ' self-awareness sees it through.Advertisement
- The girls ' explosions of impatience with official pomposity may have been a safety valve for his own.
- In an era of ' progressive ' rock pomposity and 12-minute tracks, the Ramones ' back-to-basics approach was rousing and confrontational.
- The Door, USA For 25 years this bimonthly American magazine has been deflating religious pomposity wherever it has been found.
- He was a very agreeable companion and a thorough man of the world, singularly free from arrogance and pomposity; owing to his small stature, he was often known as "die kleine Excellenz."