Pomeranians sentence example
- On the Gollenberg stands a monument to the memory of the Pomeranians who fell in the war of 1813-15.
- Pomeranians have been given most attention in Germany and Belgium, while the so-called Spitz has been popular in England and America.
- Subsequently he elevated Gnesen into the metropolitan see of Poland, with jurisdiction over the bishoprics of Cracow, Breslau and Kolberg, all three of these new sees, it is important to notice, being in territory conquered by Boleslaus; for hitherto both Cracow and Breslau had been Bohemian cities,-while Kolberg was founded to curb the lately subjugated Pomeranians.
- Boleslaus III., moreover, with the aid of St Otto, bishop of Bamberg, succeeded in converting the heathen Pomeranians (1124-1128), and making head against paganism generally.
- Aided by Matthias Corvinus, king of Hungary, John invaded Brandenburg, and the Pomeranians seized the opportunity to revolt.Advertisement
- Under these circumstances Albert returned to Brandenburg in 1478, compelled the Pomeranians to own his supremacy, and after a stubborn struggle secured a part of Duke Henry's lands for his daughter in 1 4 82.
- The struggle began in 1109, when Boleslaus inflicted a terrible defeat on the Pomeranians at Nackel which compelled their temporary submission.
- The revival of this claim by the elector provoked an invasion of the mark by an army of Pomeranians with their allies in 1420, when Frederick inflicted a severe defeat upon them at Angermiinde; but in 1424 a temporary coolness between the elector and the emperor Sigismund led to a renewal of the attack which Frederick was unable to repulse.
- An attempt, however, to secure the duchy of Pomerania-Stettin failed, and the concluding years of this reign were troubled by warfare with the Pomeranians.
- Albert appeared in Brandenburg early in the same year, and after receiving the homage of his people took up the struggle with the Pomeranians, which he soon brought to a satisfactory conclusion; for in May 1472 he not only obtained the cession of several districts, but was recognized as the suzerain of Pomerania and as its future ruler.Advertisement
- The Pomeranians, inspired by the declaration of the emperor Frederick III.
- To deal with these difficulties Albert returned to Brandenburg in 1478, and during his stay drove back the Pomeranians, and added Crossen and other parts of duke Henry's possessions to the electorate.
- However, exotic Pomeranians are still regular Pomeranians and not a separate breed.
- Many breeders sell Pomeranians labeled as exotic for a higher price than Poms that meet the breed standard.
- Exotic Pomeranians have sweet teddy bear-like faces with expressive dark almond-shaped eyes, small ears that stand erect on the head and short muzzles.Advertisement
- One thing that sets Pomeranians, including exotic ones, apart from many other Toy breeds is the upkeep of the coat which sheds a lot.