Polynomials sentence example
- It is practically identical with that of finding the greatest common measure of two polynomials.
- Lower order polynomials are trivial to solve while higher order polynomials require iterative algorithms to solve them.
- Thus we don't ever need to compute the Bezier polynomials, we simply depth reduce the control points recursively until d =0.
- These methods are based on a discontinuous Galerkin approach, where the unknowns are approximated by completely discontinuous piecewise polynomials.
- To calculate the greatest common divisor of two integers and of two polynomials over a field.Advertisement
- Here, orthogonal polynomials play an important role in the analysis.
- I shall discuss recent developments in the ' transfer matrix ' method for calculating chromatic polynomials of families of graphs.
- Clearly writing a class hierarchy starting with multivariate polynomials in order to derive integers makes no sense!
- Examples of polynomials which are not solvable by radicals.
- It is the resultant of k polynomials each of degree m-I, and thus contains the coefficients of each form to the degree (m-I)'-1; hence the total degrees in the coefficients of the k forms is, by addition, k (m - 1) k - 1; it may further be shown that the weight of each term of the resultant is constant and equal to m(m-I) - (Salmon, l.c. p. loo).Advertisement
- Discriminants.-The discriminant of a homogeneous polynomial in k variables is the resultant of the k polynomials formed by differentiations in regard to each of the variables.
- Under the general heading "Algebra and Theory of Numbers" occur the subheadings "Elements of Algebra," with the topics rational polynomials, permutations, &c., partitions, probabilities; "Linear Substitutions," with the topics determinants, &c., linear substitutions, general theory of quantics; "Theory of Algebraic Equations," with the topics existence of roots, separation of and approximation to, theory of Galois, &c. "Theory of Numbers," with the topics congruences, quadratic residues, prime numbers, particular irrational and transcendental numbers.
- Case of Three Variables.-In the next place we consider the resultants of three homogeneous polynomials in three variables.