Polymorphs sentence example
- Polyhedral models of silica polymorphs Silica, SiO 2, exists in a number of different crystalline forms.
- Again, the pyroxenes, RS103 (R=Fe, Mg, Mn, &c.), assume the forms (I) monoclinic, sometimes twinned so as to become pseudo-rhombic; (2) rhombic, resulting from the pseudo-rhombic structure of (I) becoming ultramicroscopic; and (3) triclinic, distinctly different from (I) and (2); (I) and (2) are polysymmetric modifications, while (3) and the pair (I) and (2) are polymorphs.
- At the same time there may be conditions of temperature and pressure at which polymorphs may exist side by side.
- Lehmann and (2) polymorphs in which the transformation proceeds in one direction only - termed " monotropic."
- It is doubtful indeed whether any general conclusions can yet be drawn as to the relations between crystal structure and scalar properties and the relative stability of polymorphs.Advertisement
- The insufficiency of this argument, however, is shown by the data for arsenious and antimonious oxides, and also for the polymorphs of calcium carbonate, the more symmetrical polymorphs having a lower density.
- The minerals are generally found together - a feature rarely met with in the case of polymorphs.
- In both cases, we need extensive experimental studies seeking to identify all long-lived polymorphs in order to understand the kinetic factors involved.
- A person skilled in the art, on simply reading both documents, would therefore think that they identified different polymorphs.
- This should ensure that the data-mining analysis could find the most effective correlation between the observed polymorphs and the predicted thermodynamic and kinetic properties.Advertisement
- Hence, we need to rationalize the kinetic factors that can lead to the observation of metastable polymorphs.