Polymethylenes sentence example
- Polymethylenes can give only secondary and tertiary alcohols, benzene only tertiary; these latter compounds are known as phenols.
- For other syntheses of hexamethylene derivatives, see Polymethylenes.
- For the reduced phthalic acids see Polymethylenes.
- But the formation of the A2.5 acid as the first reduction product is not fully consistent with Kekule's symbol, for we should then expect the or the acid to be first formed (see also Polymethylenes).
- The presence of the heptamethylene ring in these compounds is shown by the production of suberone by the exhaustive methylation, &c., of hydroecgoni dine ethyl ester (see POLYMETHYLENES and TROPINE).Advertisement
- Many cyclic ketones are known, and in most respects they resemble the ordinary aliphatic ketones (see Polymethylenes; Terpenes).