Polymerizes sentence example
- It polymerizes to a tetrose under the action of sodium hydroxide.
- At ordinary temperatures it rapidly polymerizes (probably to a tetramethylcylobutanedione).
- Ethane, when heated to this degree, splits up into ethylene and hydrogen, whilst ethylene decomposes to methane and acetylene, and the acetylene at once polymerizes to benzene, styrolene, retene, &c. A portion also condenses, and at the same time loses some hydrogen, becoming naphthalene; and the compounds so formed by interactions amongst themselves build up the remainder of the hydrocarbons present in the coal tar, whilst the organic substances containing oxygen in the coal break down, and cause the formation of the phenols in the tar.
- The G actin polymerizes to form filamentous or F actin.
- It readily polymerizes to a di-cyclo-octadiene and polymer (C8H12).Advertisement