Polymerize sentence example
- The higher members of the series readily polymerize in the presence of dilute sulphuric acid, zinc chloride, &c. For the first member of the series see Ethylene.
- It does not polymerize.
- They do not polymerize, and in the presence of caustic alkalies do not resinify, but oxidize to alcohols and acids (see Benzaldehyde for Cannizzaro's reaction).
- Ketones do not polymerize in the same way as aldehydes, but under the influence of acids and bases yield condensation products; thus acetone gives mesityl oxide, phorone and mesitylene (see below).
- When heated with sodium the y frequently polymerize.Advertisement
- Many polymerize readily, or are transformed into isomers by boiling with dilute alcoholic sulphuric acid.