Pollards sentence example
- The reserve's woodland is predominantly oak - many of which are magnificent old pollards - with some areas dominated by beech.
- Their ages range from 300 to 1,000 years and include many pollards, remnants of former grazing regimes.
- Many of its known host trees are old oak pollards.
- The work restored two old willow pollards and created three new pollards.
- For this reason many street pollards would be managed by the local council on a regular basis.Advertisement
- There are several oak pollards on the hillside above the farm.
- Other species can be less massive, such as old hornbeam pollards, field maples or holly.