Pollarded sentence example
- For twenty-two years I have lived amongst these pollarded trees, these rutty roads, beside these tangled thickets and streams along whose banks only children and sheep can pass.
- These trees are usually found growing by rivers' banks or in other moist situations, and are generally pollarded for the purpose of securing a crop of straight poles.
- Thus Crack willows are often pollarded to reduce the chances of splitting and to quickly provide more timber.
- Along the edge of the reeds there is a line of pollarded willows which is regularly cut.
- It most affects lush new growth and sucker growth and the young growth of pollarded planes is often affected.Advertisement