Polecats sentence example
- Hyenas, jackals, wild pig, polecats and wild dogs (Canis pictus) of different species are still found in or about bush jungles and forest clumps; elands (Antilope oreas) are preserved on some estates, and there are at least ten distinct species of antelope (hartebeest, bushbok, duiker, rietbok, rhebok, rovibok, blauwbok, &c.).
- Another form, P. sibiricus, from eastern Asia, of which much less is known, appears to connect the true minks with the polecats.
- To check the increase of the rabbit, stoats, weasels and polecats (the last in the form of the domesticated ferret) were introduced into New Zealand on a very large scale in the last quarter of the 19th century.
- Fauna.-The animal kingdom embraces, besides the usual domestic animals (as horses, cattle, sheep, swine, goats, asses, &c.), wild boars, deer, wild goats, hares, &c.; also bears, wolves, lynxes, foxes, wild cats, jackals, otters, beavers, polecats, martens, weasels and the like.
- The map shows that there are still some big gaps to fill in where we know polecats are present, such as West Wales.Advertisement
- External examination suggests that 209 were pure polecats and 37 had (ferret) hybrid features in their pelage.
- Like the other dead polecats it was put in a freezer and then sent off to the Vincent Wildlife Trust who positively verified it.
- Results so far (January-December 2004) After the first full year of recording we have received visual evidence of 246 possible polecats.
- Book a cheeky butler with your Pamper Party and receive a free treatment polecats lessons for your hen party at home.
- The increase of otters and polecats preying on mink has helped the water vole 's resurgence.Advertisement