Pokes sentence example
- As the newly hatched baby cuckoo pokes it way out of its shell, it pushes the other eggs out of their rightful nest.
- This is a huge lump of limestone that pokes off the north coast, and Llandudno occupies the relatively narrow, low isthmus.
- Anorak pokes fun every weekday at Britain's infamous tabloids, .. .
- Cat Tails is a country western sing-a-long that pokes fun at the unconditional love we have for our cats.
- The parody pokes fun at celebrities who participate by featuring significantly dumbed-down categories and clues.Advertisement
- If it pokes into your armpit, the underwire is too big and if it pokes against the breast or catches your arm, it is too small.
- Retirement Office Hours Sign: This sign pokes fun at the flexibility retirement affords.
- The game is vastly satirical in nature and pokes fun at political and religious ignorance.
- Glue straw to the underneath side of the hat so it pokes out around the edge.
- A bar holds the tattoo needle that delivers the ink into the skin with a series of small pokes or penetrations.Advertisement
- Alleviating the intensity, but not overpowering the sense of danger, Rowling pokes fun when it is appropriate and maintains light heartedness until the last word.
- A troop of new characters is deployed into the ranks of the Harry Potter world; members of the Order, new villains and even the Ministry of Magic pokes some wands into the action.