Point-of-interest sentence example
- The only point of interest on the banks is the cavern, near the mouth of the Alder, in which Prince Charles Edward concealed himself for a time after the battle of Culloden.
- The chief point of interest in the history of Friends in America during the 18th century is their effort to clear themselves of complicity in slavery and the slave trade.
- Another point of interest lies in the difference of outlook with which nudity is regarded by the English and Japanese.
- The chief point of interest in his account is that he speaks of the species having been already taken from New Spain (Mexico) to the islands and to Castilla del Oro (Darien), where it bred in a domestic state among the Christians.
- Their fortuitous dissemination does not always bring seeds upon a suitable nidus for germination, the primary essential of which is a sufficiency of moisture, and the duration of vitality of the embryo is a point of interest.Advertisement
- A point of interest is that the exhortations to chastity are addressed to men only; the man is regarded as the victim, the woman as the temptress - women are never warned against men or against the general seductions of society.
- The chief point of interest in this suburb is the conical hill known as the Cerro, or " mount," from which the city takes its name, on which stands an old Spanish fort, sometimes garrisoned and sometimes used for the incarceration of political prisoners.
- The main point of interest connected with the dingo relates to its origin; that is to say, whether it is a member of the indigenous Australian fauna (among which it is the only large placental mammal), or whether it has been introduced into the country by man.
- Thus the position of the root in Selaginella is different from what obtains in the other Vascular Cryptogams. A point of interest in this heterosporous genus is that the formation of the prothallus may commence before the megaspore is liberated from the sporangium.
- A great point of interest therefore exists in the knowledge of the structure and embryology of tracheae in the different groups.Advertisement
- The church's main point of interest are the three tombs carved in black gneiss depicting knights in armor.
- You may choose to have one main point of interest or subject.
- Another point of interest is that it makes you think about what would happen if our world lived in a similar situation, with no change in culture, technology or growth of any kind.