Point-blank sentence example
- As Dean drew close to Bird Song, he resolved to ask his wife point blank if she witnessed Donnie Ryland cutting his stepfather's climbing rope in an attempt to send him to his death.
- Under the pretext of seeking a passport, Gerard penetrated into the Prinsenhof at Delft, and firing point blank at William as he left the dining hall, mortally wounded him (loth of July 1584).
- This work produced a great impression throughout Germany, and although large numbers of the orthodox Lutheran theologians and pastors were deeply offended by Spener's book, its complaints and its demands were both too well justified to admit of their being point-blank denied.
- It instructed Colonel Stanton to go immediately to the khedive and put the question point blank.
- For months the British government refused point blank to give any clarification to Sinn Fein of the joint declaration.Advertisement
- It left Weller with the simplest of point-blank headers.
- He came away a disappointed man after a point-blank refusal to even consider " your sort " as members.
- His actions at this time have been ascribed to righteous indignation against Metternich's double-dealing; and in a long interview at the Marcolini palace at Dresden on the 26th of June he asked the chancellor point blank how much money England had given him for his present conduct.
- When I asked him point blank if he would get back together with her if she was willing he said yes.
- It appeared on the Violent Femmes' 1982 debut album but enjoyed a massive uptick in popularity in the 90s when it was used in the film Grosse Point Blank.Advertisement
- She asked point-blank if I thought her husband was alive and I wouldn't answer.
- Governor Jackson refused point-blank to contribute the quota of troops from Missouri called for by President Lincoln.