Poincaré sentence example
- Barthou's Government was invited by President Poincare to form a Cabinet, but refused.
- Poincare ceased for some years to take an active part in politics.
- As Prime Minister Poincare aimed at safeguarding the interests of France abroad, especially against the menace of the Triple Alliance, and at strengthening her at home by firm government and the restoration of social discipline.
- The Balkan Wars, and Poincare's attitude towards the problem raised by them, greatly increased his prestige; he declared on Dec. 4 to the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Chamber that he was determined to secure respect for the economic and political interests of France, not only in the Balkan Peninsula, but in the Ottoman Empire generally, and especially in Syria.
- This had no effect, how ever, on public opinion, and Poincare's popularity was undiminished during the months immediately preceding the outbreak of the World War.Advertisement
- On the very eve of the war, immediately after the rising of the Chambers on July 15 1914, Poincare set out on a State visit to Russia and the Scandinavian countries, arriving at Kronstadt on July 20.
- After the conclusion of the Armistice Poincare made a tour in Alsace and Lorraine, his official entrance into Metz taking place on Dec. 4 1918.
- During 1920 and 1921 it was Poincare's influence that was mainly dictating the aggressiveness of French feeling in international politics; and during the latter part of Briand's premiership, culminating in Briand's visit to the United States for the Washington Conference at the end of 1921, it was Poincare who was fomenting the criticism that French interests were being undermined.
- Poincare was at once entrusted by President Millerand with the formation of a new Cabinet, which he completed on Jan.
- See Henry Girard, Raymond Poincare (1913); Raymond Poincare, a sketch (1914); Larousse Mensuel, No.Advertisement
- Outside the English-writing world, identical or kindred tendencies are represented in France by Leroy, Poincare, Bergson, Milhaud, Blondel, Duhem, Wilbois, Pradines; in Germany by Mach, Ostwald, Simmel, Jerusalem, Goldscheid, Jacoby; in Italy by Papini, Prezzolini, Vailati, Troiano.
- Poincare have investigated the forms taken up by rotating masses of fluid.
- Of another work of Poincare, Legons de mecanique celeste, the first volume appeared in 1905.
- Poincare and others too numerous to mention.
- Poincare 's hypothesis remained most striking facet produce ions and radiographs by oudin.Advertisement