Poetess sentence example
- She was called "the poetess," he "the poet."
- Mention has already been made of the poetess Elizabeth Druzbacka.
- Elizabeth Brigham Rooney is an American poetess who died in February 1999.
- Here may be mentioned, although living a little time before the reign of Stanislaus, a Polish poetess, Elizabeth Druzbacka (1695-1760), whose writings show a feeling for nature at a time when verse-making of the most artificial type was prevalent throughout the country.
- Joanna Baillie, the poetess,, was born in the manse, and a memorial has been erected in her honour.Advertisement
- Still older was the poetess Wilhelmina Nordstrom (1815-1902), long a schoolmistress in Finland.
- Luisa Sigea was both an orientalist and a Latin poetess, while Publia Hortensia de Castro, after a course of humanities, philosophy and theology, defended theses at Evora in her eighteenth year.
- While at GÃ¶ttingen he married the poetess, Christiana Dilthey.
- To commemorate this exploit, a statue of the poetess, in the act of putting on a helmet, with books lying at her feet, was set up in the temple of Aphrodite at Argos.
- Sappho was a much-admired Greek lyric poetess, who taught the arts on the Greek island of Lesbos.Advertisement
- The attempt failed, but was the cause of a fresh persecution, and on the 31st of August 1852 some thirty Babis, including the beautiful and talented poetess Qurratu'l-'Ayn, were put to death in Tehran with atrocious cruelty.
- While at GÃƒ¶ttingen he married the poetess, Christiana Dilthey.
- As writers of didactic poetry may be mentioned John Endrody, Caspar Gobol, Joseph Takacs and Barbara Molnar, the earliest distinguished Magyar poetess.
- The Delphian poetess Boeo attributed to him the introducion of the cult of Apollo and the invention of the epic metre.
- Maria Amalia Vaz de Carvalho, a highly gifted critic and essayist whose personality and cercle call to mind the 18th-century poetess, the Marqueza.Advertisement