Pocahontas sentence example
- Pocahontas fans will love the Disney princess coloring pages at the Disney site.
- In 1900 the association for the preservation of Virginia antiquities, to which the site was deeded in 1893, induced the United States government to build a wall to prevent the further encroachment of the river; the foundations of several of the old buildings have since been uncovered, many interesting relics have been found, and in 1907 there were erected a brick church (which is as far as possible a reproduction of the fourth one built in 1639-1647), a marble shaft marking the site of the first settlement, another shaft commemorating the first house of burgesses, a bronze monument to the memory of Captain John Smith, and another monument to the memory of Pocahontas.
- The Chesapeake & Ohio traverses the southern part of the state, from White Sulphur Springs in the east, through Charleston to the Ohio, serving the New and Kanawha rivers coal district as a freight carrier; the Norfolk & Western runs just within the south-western boundary along the valley of the Big Sandy, carrying coal both east and west from the Pocahontas coal-field; and the new Virginian railway entering at the south-east taps the coal-producing region (the Kanawha and Pocahontas districts) at Deepwater, serving in addition to the Norfolk & Western as a carrier of coal to Norfolk on the Virginia coast.
- Dreams Come True is a princess cartridge that features characters from Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Pocahontas.
- First thing in the morning, the lines are light and you can encounter Mickey, Donald, Daisy, Pluto, Goofy, Pocahontas and more along the trail.Advertisement
- Sexy Indian: Inspired by Disney's Pocahontas, this Indian Fairy costume includes suede top, suede skirt, headband, and fairy wings.
- Pocahontas, star of Disney's Pocahontas, is an adventurous girl who uses her sharp wit to help bring peace to her tribe and the Jamestown settlers.
- Pocahontas (1995): Pocahontas isn't happy with the arranged marriage she's supposed to enter into, so she sets out to find her own husband.
- They include Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Mulan, Pocahontas and Princess Tiana.
- On the other hand, there are mares of little or no value as racers who have become the mothers of some of the most celebrated horses on the turf; among them we may cite Queen Mary, Pocahontas and Paradigm.Advertisement
- The colorful card game features 72 cards, which feature princess favorites, such as Snow White, Ariel, Cinderella, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Sleeping Beauty and Belle.
- In Tazewell county is the famous Pocahontas bed, which produces one of the most valuable grades of coking and steam coal to be found in the United States.
- We append the pedigree of Blair Athol, winner of the Derby and St Leger in 1864, who, when subsequently sold by auction, fetched the then unprecedented sum of 12,000 guineas, as it contains, not only Stockwell (the emperor of stallions, as he has been termed), but Blink Bonny and Eleanor - in which latter animal are combined the blood of Eclipse, Herod, Matchem and Snap, - the mares that won the Derby in 1801 and 1857 respectively, as well as those queens of the stud, Eleanor's greatgranddaughter Pocahontas and Blink Bonny's dam Queen Mary.
- The principal districts are the Fairmont (or Upper Monongahela) and the Elk Garden (or Upper Potomac) in the northern, and the Pocahontas (or Flat Top) and the New and Kanawha rivers districts in the southern part of the state.
- The son graduated at the naval academy in 1859, became lieutenant in 1861, served on the "Congress," and on the "Pocahontas," "Seminole," and "James Adger" during the Civil War, and was instructor at the naval academy for a year.Advertisement
- Pocahontas, perhaps the most remarkable mare in the Stud-Book, never won a race on the turf, but threw Stockwell and Rataplan to the Baron, son of Birdcatcher, King Tom to Harkaway, Knight of St Patrick to Knight of St George, and Knight of Kars to Nutwith-all these horses being 16 hands high and upwards, while Pocahontas was a long low mare of about 15 hands or a trifle more.