Pneumothorax sentence example
- If an air leak causes pneumothorax, immediate removal of air from the chest allows the lungs to re-expand.
- Some children with Marfan develop cystic disease of the lungs or recurrent spontaneous pneumothorax, which is a condition in which air accumulates in the space around the lungs.
- He has a tension pneumothorax pressing on his heart.
- Try an alternative route ON THE SAME SIDE unless chest radiography is available to exclude any possible pneumothorax.
- A chest X ray showed an apical pneumothorax on the left side with inferior displacement of the distal fracture segment.Advertisement
- Last week he suffered a spontaneous pneumothorax in his left lung.
- This will include pneumothorax occurring as a result of positive-pressure ventilation (over-pressure pulmonary barotrauma ).
- A chest X-ray is more helpful in excluding other diagnoses (e.g. pneumothorax ), but may show a wedge shaped pulmonary infarct.
- A small asymptomatic pneumothorax may rapidly develop into a life threatening tension pneumothorax during anesthesia.
- The subclavian vein also lies close to the dome of the pleura, damage to which can cause a pneumothorax.Advertisement
- There is no time to do this if tension pneumothorax is suspected.
- Sudden changes in air pressure may produce pneumothorax.
- One is called pneumothorax, which means "air in the chest."
- An x ray also can demonstrate pneumothorax, if this complication has occurred.
- Pneumothorax may have occurred if the infant suddenly becomes worse while on ventilation; x rays can help make the diagnosis.Advertisement
- Pneumothorax is an emergency condition that must be treated right away.
- Pneumothorax may be prevented by frequently checking the blood oxygen content and limiting oxygen treatment under pressure to the minimum needed.