Pmdd sentence example
- Severe forms of this syndrome are referred to as premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).
- About 3 to 7 percent of women experience the more severe PMDD.
- The diagnosis of PMDD has caused controversy connected to the concern that it may be used against women, labeling them as being impaired by their menstrual cycles.
- There are many treatments for PMS and PMDD depending on the symptoms and their severity.
- For more severe cases and for PMDD, treatments available include antidepressant drugs, hormone treatment, or (only in extreme cases) surgery to remove the ovaries.Advertisement
- The most progress in the treatment of PMS and PMDD has been through the use of antidepressant drugs.
- The prognosis for women with both PMS and PMDD is good.