Plumed sentence example
- Carriages kept driving away and fresh ones arriving, with red-liveried footmen and footmen in plumed hats.
- In the month of the " diminishing of waters " the rain gods or Tlalocs were propitiated by a procession of priests with music of flutes and trumpets carrying on plumed litters infants with painted faces, in gay clothing with coloured paper wings, to be sacrificed on the mountains or in a whirlpool in the lake.
- These toy dogs have small compact bodies with heavily plumed tails and a smooth gait when they run or walk distances.
- The very various periods named make it probable that the periodical return of the phoenix belongs only to vulgar legend, materializing what the priests knew to be symbolic. Of the birds of the heron family the gorgeous colours and plumed head spoken of by Pliny and others would be least inappropriate to the purple heron (Ardea purpurea), with which, or with the allied Ardea cinerea, it has been identified by Lepsius and Peters (Alteste Texte des Todtenbuchs, 1867, p. 51).
- Initially, the French cavalry was even more bizarrely dressed with burnished silver breastplates and plumed helmets.Advertisement
- dotted with grass clumps with plumed awns.
- plumed serpent.
- plumed helmet, symbol of illumination.
- The snake is another common subject of sculpture and is often shown as Quetzalcoatl, the plumed serpent.
- Bees are specialized in correspondence with the flowers from which they draw the bulk of their food supply, the flexible c tongue being used for sucking nectar, the plumed hairs and the modified legs (fig.Advertisement
- The figure depicts an Aztec priest plumed, with the feathers of the Quetzal bird.
- Tall, spreading, gracefully plumed with foliage, which for richness and beauty of color is without a rival.