Plies sentence example
- A ferry plies across the Danube to the Bulgarian fortress of Nicopolis.
- A fall-block is attached to a fixed point; a running-block is movable to and from a fall-block, with which it is connected by two or more plies of a rope.
- The load, supported by the lower hook, is raised by hauling on the free end and, neglecting any slight obliquity of the plies of rope, the free end moves six times as fast H L C FIG.
- Coracle-fishing is performed by two men, each seated in his coracle and with one hand holding the net while with the other he plies his paddle.
- A government steamer runs regularly from Bathurst to McCarthy's Island, and a smaller boat plies on the upper river.Advertisement
- When the weather cools down, heavier double and triple plies reign supreme and provide comfort.
- The thickness of yarn is also determined by how many plies or strands it has twisted together.
- Unusually satirical today, he plies the unwilling veil across, now prostrate in humility.
- My source for this revelation is an ice-cream vendor who plies his trade on Via EspaÃ±a, the main street of the Panamanian capital.
- Additional plies result in a stronger and more rigid needle.Advertisement
- High quality needles have two or three plies, each ten to twelve microns thick.
- Finer yarn is usually two- or three-ply, while bulky yarn can have up to 14 plies.
- At the time of the last great subsidence, in glacial times, an arm of the sea extended across Sweden, submerging a great part of the littoral up to the Gulf of Bothnia, and including the Plies period the this of themnorthe and Baltic were s fg ficiently salt for oysters to flourish.