Plaudits sentence example
- As he entered the city and went on foot to the Capitol the plaudits of the people were unmistakably genuine.
- He was crowned with laurel in his box, amid the plaudits of the audience, and did not seem to be the worse for it.
- Does the book deserve such plaudits as additional guides and set text adoption?
- Alastair has received many plaudits in the last 10 days for his batting performances.
- It's a real art form, as evidenced by the plaudits laid at the feet of North American mavericks like Cronenberg.Advertisement
- Jamie Oliver deserves some plaudits for using his celebrity status to good effect.. .
- The LTSN has worked hard to earn these plaudits.
- Heart of Mersey has attracted plaudits from the health sector for its excellent work in raising awareness of coronary disease prevention.
- Writer/director Mark Steven Johnson must gain great plaudits for giving Affleck the quality of material with which to work.
- Official match sponsors Northern Care awarded their man of the match plaudits to Adie Orr.Advertisement
- It has won numerous plaudits over the years including Best farmhouse Caerffili at the Royal Welsh Show a record number of times.
- The Choir's latest CD release, of music by Thomas Tallis, has won many plaudits in the music press.
- Amanda Peet, beside from being extremely beautiful, is also a good actress that deserves more plaudits than she actually gets.
- Although praise for the film is perhaps slightly overplayed, she deserves all the individual plaudits coming her way.
- Despite winning critical plaudits, Jerry Springer has, in some respects, become his cross to bear.Advertisement
- There, in the month of April, Petrarch assumed the poet's crown upon the Capitol from the hand of the Roman senator amid the plaudits of the people and the patricians.