Plastid sentence example
- Various solvents, such as benzene, alcohol and chloroform, will dissolve out the pigment, leaving the plastid colorless.
- The working of it is not at all completely understood at present, nor can we say exactly what is the part played by the pigment and what is the rfile of the protoplasm of the plastid.
- More emphasis is, however, now laid on the action of the plastid in polymerization, while the initial stages are still not definitely ezplaincd.
- In some cases the plastid disappears and the crystalline pigment only is left.
- Whether the formation of the starch grain is due to a secretion from the plastid (Meyer, 1895) or to a direct transformation of the proteid of the plastid (Timberlake, 1901) has not been definitely established.Advertisement
- The Metazoa all commence their individual existence as a single cell or plastid, which multiplies itself by transverse division.
- The main objective of this research is to produce a robust phylogeny of the genus Pinus based on plastid DNA sequence data.
- They are present on all plastid types but are more common and extensive on non-green plastid types but are more common and extensive on non-green plastids that are sparsely distributed within the cell.
- The formaldehyde at once undergoes a process of condensation oi- polymerization by the protoplasm of the plastid, while the hydrogen peroxide is said to be decomposed into water and free oxygen by another agency in the cell, of the nature of one of the enzymes of which we shall speak later.