Plasters sentence example
- Common frankincense is an ingredient in some ointments and plasters, and on account of its pleasant odour when burned has been used in incense as a substitute for olibanum.
- In a scientific definition the compounds of fatty acids with basic metallic oxides, lime, magnesia, lead oxide, &c., should also be included under soap; but, as these compounds are insoluble in water, while the very essence of a soap in its industrial relations is solubility, it is better to speak of the insoluble compounds as " plasters, " limiting the name " soap " as the compounds of fatty acids with soda and potash.
- They form excellent decorative plasters on account of their clean white colour and the sharpness of castings made from them, this latter quantity being due to their expansion when setting.
- There's everything from plasters and ice packs to bandages & sterile dressings.
- Putting in insoles, & plasters, eases pain on ankles.Advertisement
- The basic colors of the self-coloured plasters can be combined to create new colors.
- This interest was not merely theoretical - he found the actual preparing and compounding of ointments and plasters very absorbing.
- Also I made pores for porous plasters and high-grade holes for doughnuts and buttons.
- Built from the straw that comes from a field of wheat, the house's walls are insulated with straw and then covered with natural plasters.
- These medications may be lotions, ointments, or plasters and work by chemically removing the skin that was affected by the wart virus.Advertisement
- Thus its non-liability to freeze (when not absolutely anhydrous, which it practically never is when freely exposed to the air) and its nonvolatility at ordinary temperatures, combined with its power of always keeping fluid and not drying up and hardening, render it valuable as a lubricating agent for clockwork, watches, &c., as a substitute for water in wet gas-meters, and as an ingredient in cataplasms, plasters, modelling clay, pasty colouring matters, dyeing materials, moist colours for artists, and numerous other analogous substances which are required to be kept in a permanently soft condition.