Plasmodium sentence example
- Such a plasmodium bears, on its periphery, groups of rounded projections of protoplasm termed end-organs.
- The Plasmodium falciparum chromosome 2 project was funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID ).
- Genetic complexity of Plasmodium falciparum gametocytes isolated from the peripheral blood of treated Gambian children.
- This will serve as useful comparative genomics resource to complement the complete Plasmodium falciparum genome.
- The molecule prevents Plasmodium, the malaria mosquito, from moving from the mosquito's gut to its salivary glands.Advertisement
- The disease results from replication in red blood cells of apicomplexan parasites belonging to the genus Plasmodium.
- To address this aspect we study the interactions of Anopheles mosquitoes and plasmodium parasites, the agent of malignant malaria.
- Malaria is an infectious disease due to the presence of a parasite called plasmodium within the red blood cells.
- The molecule prevents plasmodium, the malaria mosquito, from moving from the mosquito's gut to its salivary glands.
- They describe the life cycle of the mosquito parasite plasmodium.Advertisement
- The disease results from replication in red blood cells of apicomplexan parasites belonging to the genus plasmodium.
- Plasmodium ovale causes a rare form of the disease which is similar to benign tertian malaria.
- Whilst quinine possesses this power, however, it is far more potently lethal to a particular form of animal organism known as the plasmodium malariae.
- In some cases both the nucleus and the chromatophores may be carried along in the rotating stream, but in others, such as T.Titeila, the chloroplasts may remain motionless iii a non-motile layer of the cytoplasm in direct contact with the cell wall.i Desmids, Diatoms and Oscillaria show creeping movements probably due to the secretion of slime by the cells; the swarmspores and plasmodium of the Myxomycetes exhibit amoehoid movements; and the motile spores of Fungi and Algae, the spermatozoids of mosses, ferns, &c., move by means of delicate prolongations, cilia or flagella cf the protoplast.