Planktonic sentence example
- It became clear that only very rough estimates of the numbers of planktonic organisms in a volume of sea-water as large as (say) 10 cubic metres could be made, but that these estimates could nevertheless be trusted to show very marked regional and seasonal differences.
- To this inconceivably slowly-growing deposit of inorganic material over the ocean floor there is added an overwhelmingly more rapid contribution of the remains of calcareous and siliceous planktonic and benthonic organisms, which tend to bury the slower accumulating material under a blanket of globigerina, pteropod, diatom or radiolarian ooze.
- To build a biodiversity database comprising all records of Brazilian marine planktonic copepods based on literature, collections and new material.
- Some flagellates combine the methods of plant and animal feeding, however most planktonic dinoflagellates are in fact plants.
- However, with no planktonic larva the dispersal of the mutation will be slow.Advertisement
- Planktonic Stages The first planktonic stages are called zoea.
- Most species develop through planktonic zoea and other larval stages, but some with direct development.
- Jellyfish are planktonic carnivores that seek their nourishment through a gastrovascular cavity, rather than a digestive tract.