Placated sentence example
- Fred was not so easily placated.
- She was well placated when he did go on to choose Marley.
- Betsy didn't answer but she seemed at least partially placated by what was, at best, a half-truth.
- Somehow I doubt whether all the vested interest groups can be placated.
- Hannah had succeeded in landing a big fish blueblood, a descendant of Italian royalty, whose old money placated the chilly welcome she received into a lifestyle far, far different from her own.Advertisement
- His declarations during the campaign were vague regarding the tariff and unfavourable to the United States Bank and to nullification, but he had already somewhat placated the South by denying the right of Congress to abolish slavery in the District of Columbia without the consent of the slave states.