Pitman sentence example
- The band-wheel communicates motion to the walking-beam, while drilling is in progress, through the crank and a connectingrod known as the pitman; to the bull-wheels, while the tools are being raised, by the bull-rope; and to the sand-pump reel, by a friction pulley, while the sand-pump is being used.
- Pitman's People is a London based event labor recruitment agency.
- It is rare to find an old pitman, who has moved about much from one colliery to another, who is not short-winded.
- The poet appears to have attended a dame's school in earliest infancy, but on his mother's death, when he was six years old, he was sent to boarding-school, to a Dr Pitman at Markyate, a 1 Alderman Cooper thus spelt his name and all the family from that day to this, including the poet, have so pronounced it.
- Mere Knolls is the final resting place of several war casualties too, as well as pitman and Sunderland shipyard owner Robert Thompson.Advertisement