Pitilessly sentence example
- From that day the Apostles, regarded as rebels, were persecuted pitilessly.
- We must however give to our fight against the war its fully revolutionary sense, opposing and pitilessly denouncing pacifism.
- They must be pitilessly unmasked in all their mischievous emptiness.
- At first the indigenous populations were pitilessly deprived of their hunting and grazing grounds and compelled to resort to agriculture - a modification exceedingly hard for them, not only on account of their poverty but also because they were compelled to settle in the less favourable regions.
- The Maillotins, as the Parisian insurgents were named from the weapon they used, gained the upper hand in Paris, and were able temporarily to make terms, but the commune of Rouen was abolished, and the Tuchins, as the marauders in Languedoc were called, were pitilessly hunted down.Advertisement
- Henceforward, however, he assumed a stoical demeanour, which, united to a policy tyrannical and pitilessly thorough, became the characteristic of his life.
- Salvian was a 5th-century socialist of the most extreme type, and a zealous ascetic who pitilessly scourged everything that fell short of an exalted morality, and exaggerated, albeit unconsciously, the faults that he desired to eradicate.
- At Rignano the indomitable Ranulf again utterly defeated the king, but in April 1139 Ranulf died, leaving none to oppose Roger, who subdued pitilessly the last of the rebels.