Pipit sentence example
- Other prairie birds are the prairie chicken, and there are a great many birds that sing while flying; among them are the horned lark, bobolink, Smith's longspur and chestnut collared longspur, lark-sparrow, lark-bunting and Sprague's pipit.
- On the highest pastures we find, further, the alpine accentor (Accentor collaris) and the alpine pipit (Anthus spipoletta).
- A Tree Pipit sang off to one side and a few choughs passed over at height.
- Around the shore we found Tawny Pipit and Rufous-tailed Lark as well as a quite confiding Southern Gray Shrike.
- They are found on heath, salt marsh and open scrub, where they can find goldfinch, linnet or meadow pipit.Advertisement
- A Blyth's Pipit was perhaps a somewhat duller side attraction, but a flock of sociable lapwings was most certainly not.
- In addition to skylarks, other birds feeding on the roof have included linnet, meadow pipit and pied wagtail.
- Few other species involved in the movement - just 1 Tree Pipit - but a flock of c100 linnets in the rape field.
- The reserve is also home to a number of bird species including meadow pipit, snipe and skylark.
- A small pool alongside the road had three Plain-backed pipits strutting around, their jizz reminding me of Tawny Pipit.Advertisement
- Pipits ran out with red throated and meadow but no water pipits ran out with red throated and meadow but no water pipit here.
- The large baobabs that line the road to Camalou were good for Palearctic migrants, including woodchat shrike, tree pipit and subalpine warbler.
- Among the smaller birds may be enumerated finches, the siskin, bullfinch, pipit, titmouse, wagtail, lark, fine-crested wren, hedge-sparrow, corn-wren, nut-hatch, starling, swallow, martin, swift, thrush, butcher bird, shrike, dipper, yellow-hammer, ortolan and a warbler (Accentor alpinus).
- Also seen were 4 woodcock, 34 meadow pipit, a redpoll and a skylark in song.
- I agreed it looked like a pipit but could n't decide what kind because it had a streaky back.Advertisement