Pipette sentence example
- Oxygen is absorbed by stick phosphorus contained in a tubulated pipette filled with water.
- Now add a bit of pond water or choose an algae by using a pipette.
- Immediately transfer plasma to a labeled glass or plastic tube using a disposable glass pasteur pipette.
- The supernatant was applied to the first column using a 5 ml pipette and allowed to pass over the resin.
- I have used such a tube made from a modern laboratory plastic pipette calibrated in cm and mm.Advertisement
- The volumes are not critical - a single squirt from a teat pipette will be accurate enough.
- The children are experts at isolating the tiny zooplankton with a pipette and we see some great examples of copepods under the microscope.
- The capillary hydrometer consists simply of a small pipette with a bulb in the middle of the stem, the pipette terminating in a very fine capillary point.
- The form of the pipette varies with the nature of the absorbing material.
- Discard the excess supernatant and resuspend the pellet in the 100 μl from the pipette.Advertisement
- When using graduated pipettes the pipette should always be filled and allowed to drain in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- I still remember in a chemistry lesson being told by the teacher to drop a pipette, which I duly did.
- Using plastic bulb pipette, remove some yeast suspension from the beaker (below the liquid paraffin layer ).
- The pipette having been carefully dried, the process is repeated with pure alcohol or with proof spirits, and the strength of any admixture of water and spirits is determined from the corresponding number of drops, but the formula generally given is not based upon sound data.
- To use a pipette, the absorbing liquid is brought to the outlet of the capillary by tilting or by squeezing a rubber ball fixed to the wide end, and the liquid is maintained there by closing with a clip. The capillary is connected with the measuring tube by a fine tube previously filled with water.Advertisement
- Any number of bulbs can be attached to the horizontal capillary; in the form illustrated there are four, the last being a hydrogen pipette in which the palladium is heated in a horizontal tube by a spirit lamp. At the end of the horizontal tube there is a three way cock connecting with the air or an aspirator.
- There it is allowed to remain, the pipette being shaken from time to time.