Pipers sentence example
- When the family became extinct in 1673 this office of king of the pipers (Pfeiferkonig) passed to the counts palatine of Zweibriicken-Birkenfeld.
- Hawley's guns were never in action, the Macdonalds charged and scattered his cavalry on the right wing, but pursued too far, and as the pipers had gone in sword in hand, they could not be recalled.
- The clan chieftains pitted their pipers against those of other clan chieftains pitted their pipers against those of other clans and the prestige that came from success was considerable.
- A party had arrived that morn (led by these three pipers) To dedicate a Tablet in - Cathedral of " Wipers " .
- The cortege would be led through the town accompanied by pipers, horn and flute players and flashlight bearers.Advertisement
- Among Scots pipers, Neil Dickie takes the view that his tunes should be played exactly as he wrote them.
- Most uilleann pipers in Scotland are spread around the country.
- Unique in the UK, Thistle Piping can provide anything from solo pipers to full pipe bands.
- But the town pipers supplemented their basic town piping income by giving recitals and playing at dances and weddings.