Piperidine sentence example
- Alcoholic potash decomposes it into piperidine, C5H,1N, and piperic acid, C 12 H 10 O 4.
- Braun (Ber., 1904, 37, p. 35 8 3) has prepared pentamethylene derivatives from piperidine by the action of phosphorus pentachloride.
- Piperidine or hexa-hydropyridine, C 5 H 11 N, was first obtained in 1848 by distilling piperine with lime.
- The piperidine ring is easily split.
- The a-propyl piperidine so obtained is the inactive (racemic) form of conine, and it can be resolved into the dextroand laevo-varieties by means of dextro-tartaric acid, the d-conine d-tartrate with caustic soda giving d-conine closely resembling the naturally occurring alkaloid.Advertisement