Pinot gris sentence example
- Silt, sand, and sediment soils make this prime land for growing Bordeaux varietals such as Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, as well as Reisling, Syrah, and Pinot Gris.
- To clear the confusion up, some grape geneticists were intrigued enough to investigate and they determined that Pinot Blanc is actually a cousin to Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir rather than Chardonnay.
- The Italian wine grape is also known as Pinot Gris in France, and many other wine growing regions.
- In Oregon it goes by the Pinot Gris tag, and they are solid white wines with seductive appeal of spiciness, aromatics, and melon or pear fruit flavors.
- Try an oaked Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris.Advertisement
- King Estate makes Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris under the Acrobat label, and both varieties sell for about $18 per bottle.
- When Fred partnered with his sisters in 1997, the grape varieties expanded to Pinot Gris and increased the Chardonnay selections.
- In 2001, local winemakers helped Fred produce Tremani Vineyards' first vintage of Pinot Gris.
- Besides the 2007 Tremani Pinot Noir, the vineyard has Pinot Noir wines from other years that have earned favorable reviews, as well as Pinot Gris selections.
- Reviews of the most recent releases of Tremani Vineyards' 2008 Pinot Noir and 2008 Pinot Gris are pending and should be available online by Spring 2011.Advertisement
- Both grapes thrive in the rich soil and diverse climate of the Russian River Valley where Tremani Vineyards is located, which inspired the winery to produce their own version of Pinot Gris.
- The Pinot Gris grapes have a unique color as well as a rare flavor.
- Most wine grapes are red, purple or yellow/green while pinot gris grapes are tawny brown.
- Instead of striving for the traditional dry, crisp Pinot Gris of France or following the lead of other wine producers who reduced the dryness and played up the sweetness of the grapes, Tremani's Pinot Gris is dry.