Pineal sentence example
- This is the so-called c narion, or pineal gland, where in a minimized point the mind on one hand and the vital spirits on the other meet and communicate.
- The free radical fighting abilities of melatonin - a natural hormone produced by the pineal gland in your brain - are well known.
- The pineal gland is a tiny structure located at the back of the roof of the third ventricle of the brain.
- On one hand the animal spirits " reflected " 2 from the image formed on the pineal gland proceed through the nervous tubes to make the muscles turn the back and lift the feet, so as to escape the cause of the terror.
- The epiphysis, or pineal body, is quite as degenerate as in mammals, although still forming a long stalk as in reptiles.Advertisement
- Melatonin is produced in the body by the pineal gland at the base of the brain.
- Occasionally, children with retinoblastoma develop trilateral retinoblastoma, which results from the development of an independent brain tumor that forms in a part of the brain called the pineal gland.
- As darkness approaches, the hormone melatonin is secreted by the pineal gland and signals the brain that it is time to sleep.
- It is produced in the pineal gland which is located in the brain.
- Mind, driven from the field of extension, erects its last fortress in the pineal gland.Advertisement
- In addition to these lines, all tadpoles show more or less distinctly a small whitish gland in the middle of the head between the eyes, the so-called frontal gland or pineal gland, which in early stages is connected with the brain.
- The exact significance of these roots is a matter for speculation, but it seems possible that they are epiphysial structures remotely comparable with the epiphysial (pineal) complex of the craniate vertebrates.
- The pineal foramen, in the parietal bones, is as constantly present as it is absent in the other orders.