Pine-marten sentence example
- We are keen to receive any reports of pine marten evidence from England or Wales.
- Weasels and stoat populations have probably also stabilized, after previous declines, while the pine marten may be staging a slow recovery.
- The pine-marten appears to have been partially domesticated by the Greeks and Romans, and used to keep houses clear from rats and mice.
- Though commonly called I The Pine-Marten (Mustela mantes).
- The porcupine is common, but the Canada pine marten or American sable, fisher, and red fox are rare, and the black bear and grey wolf are found only in small numbers.Advertisement
- The wild cat may yet be found in the Highlands, and the polecat, ermine and pine marten still exist, the golden eagle and the white-tailed eagle haunt the wilder and more remote mountainous districts, while the other large birds of prey, like the osprey and kite, are becoming scarce.
- Snowdonia's most distinguished mammal, the elusive pine marten (Martes martes) is also rare.